What is Baptism? from Grace Church on Vimeo.
READY TO BE BAPTIZED?
Start the process with two simple steps:
1. Watch the Grace Church Baptism Video. After watching the video, take and submit the Baptism Quiz below.
Grace Church Baptism Video and Quiz
2. Fill out and submit the Grace Church Baptism Application.
Grace Church Baptism Application
After completing those two steps, one of our Grace Church staff members will contact you with the next steps and getting you scheduled to be baptized!
What should I do to prepare myself for baptism?
- Prepare yourself spiritually through prayer and reading Scripture of Jesus’ sacrifice for you. Invite your family and friends! This is a significant moment in your life. Celebrate it!
- Consider how you would share your testimony (the story of how you came to faith in Christ) with others via video. Don’t worry… our video people will walk you through it. Just breathe and answer the questions as honestly as you can!
- Note: For Waves of Grace, we do not shoot a testimony video as we have so many people getting baptized. However, we may ask you to share your testimony live!
What should I wear and what do I need to bring with me?
- Bring shorts or swim trunks (no bathing suits).
- Bring a towel.
- Have dry clothes to change into after the baptism.
- We’ll give you a Grace baptism tee shirt to get baptized in!
Can my family or friends be baptized together?
Yes! If each family member or friend understands fully what it means to be baptized, we encourage it! Each person who wants to be baptized should visit the grace.church/baptism webpage, view the video, review this document and apply! Just remember this is a personal statement of faith, not a family tradition.
How will this work in the service?
- A baptism team member will be there to help you the whole time! Depending on the service, you’ll be given instructions beforehand as to when and where to meet them. Then follow the directions of the team member for when to enter the baptismal.
- Those baptizing you may ask a few questions and then they will say “I now baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit”. You will be tipped backwards just enough to cover your face and then brought back up immediately. At no time will they let go of you. Feel free to hold your nose with one hand if that will help you feel more comfortable.
- After that you can dry off, change clothes, and celebrate this great moment in your life as a disciple with your family, friends and the church!
Other questions? Watch our Grace Church Baptism Video for more information about what we believe as a church regarding baptism! You can also reach out to our baptism team by emailing