POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Director of Grace Beginnings
Location: Eden Prairie
Hours/week: 28 hours/week
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide and perform competent maintenance for all exterior facilities maintenance. Has a history of commitment and displays an ability to work well in a team environment, especially with the Director of Facilities and the Grounds Coordinator. Has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others, especially volunteers, church staff, and the congregation.
- Develop and implement a grounds maintenance program.
- Provide oversight and direction to the Grounds Coordinator.
- Carry out minor repairs and routine maintenance of grounds and equipment.
- Manage the maintenance of all Grace Church vehicles including transporting them to and from the garage for servicing.
- Ensure smooth and timely execution of preventative and non-preventative grounds maintenance items.
- Recruit and oversee ministry partners who assist with lawn care and landscaping, ensuring grounds are presented in a tidy and professional appearance.
- Attend to all matters, ensuring that Grace Church grounds meet appropriate OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) standards.
- Recruit, activate and oversee ministry partners who assist with snow removal and be responsible for scheduling the ministry partners to accomplish these tasks in normal and emergency conditions.
- Contractor coordination. Responsible for on-site scheduling, oversight and maintaining a timely schedule.
- Be available to handle any emergencies at all times and whenever they occur.
- Development of, and working within the Grounds budget.
- Must be willing and able to generate a spirit of teamwork with co-workers, both paid and volunteers.
- Responsibly handle and willing to follow all other duties mutually agreed upon with the Director of Facilities.
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Experience: Minimum 4-year experience or physical plant and or Ground maintenance.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, technical schooling in facilities
- Ability to prioritize work schedule and meet agreed deadlines.
- Experience in scheduling tasks in a fast-paced environment is detail-oriented, works with little or no supervision, and works well under pressure
- Be willing to acquire and maintain the appropriate licensing to operate Grace Church vehicles.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, or kneel to perform assigned tasks and be able to lift and carry 80 pounds
- Must have a clean driving record and possess the required class of driver’s license that is current in the State of Minnesota.
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently and motivate volunteers
- Compatibility with the Grace Church Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision, Values and Priorities and a lifestyle appropriate to a person in Christian ministry
- The staff member agrees to abide by the staff handbook
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- Exhibit a lifestyle of modeling Christ that is appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.