POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Cafe Manager
Location: Eden Prairie
Hours/week: 6 hours on Sundays
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Barista will be responsible for the following:
- Serve the Lord Jesus Christ in the Hospitality department by providing welcoming hospitality on behalf of Grace Church.
- Greet and interact with the customers in the Grace Cafe in a timely manner.
- Brew coffee, espresso, lattes, teas, smoothies and other cold beverages using coffee and other cafe equipment.
- Serve food, beverage and gift items from the cafe menu and inventory.
- Keep the cafe clean, wash and sanitize utensils and equipment used in food and beverage preparation.
- Operate the register by accurately entering orders and accepting payment for transactions.
- Assist in the setup, operation, and shutdown for the day by following the checklists and instructions of the Cafe Supervisor or Cafe Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Experience preferred: 1+ years of experience in a cafe, restaurant, or other food service organization preferred.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- Has a commitment to personal and active participation in the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28: 18-20).
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.