POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Director of Grace Beginnings
Location: Eden Prairie
Hours/week: As Needed basis
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grace Beginnings Substitute will support the Grace Beginnings Director and classroom teacher with the support of the classroom needs.
- Support the classroom teacher(s) in the event of a teacher’s absence by carrying out program policies and procedures throughout the day.
- Support the educational experiences in the infant/toddler classrooms as directed by the teacher, demonstrating an understanding of curriculum and faith development goals.
- Facilitate the completion of all the required documentation of daily activities for parents.
- Establish and maintain effective communication strategies with the Director and classroom teacher.
- Follow the directives of the classroom teacher to maintain high standards in the classroom and provide a safe environment for the children.
- Assist the classroom teacher in maintaining a safe, clean, organized classroom and assume the responsibility to complete the duties required to maintain an orderly facility.
- Treat each child and family with dignity and respect.
- Organize books, toys, crafts, and other items in the classroom as time allows.
- Approach child behavioral issues that arise with Christian love, respect and patience.
- Exhibit Christian values to generate goodwill among management, staff, clients, the general community and others pertinent to Grace Beginnings.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Educational requirements: High School Diploma, Equivalent, or Higher Educational Level.
- Experience required: 12 post-secondary quarter credits in Education or a related field, plus 2,080 hours as an aide working in a childcare facility.
- Knowledge of the Bible and faith development of Infant and Toddler children.
- Has a commitment to prayer, as evidenced in corporate and personal prayer.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.