Assistant Public Safety Manager
POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Public Safety Manager
Location: Eden Prairie
Hours/week: 40+ hours/week
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Public Safety Manager position consists of administrative and armed officer abilities and duties. They will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the overall security of Grace Church properties, including the operational and physical security, through the following duties:
- Sunday 7:30am – 1:30pm
- Monday – Thursday 1pm – 10pm
- Manage department operations in the absence of the Manager
- Support the development and maintenance of operating policies and protocols
- Manage and schedule public safety staff and volunteers for daily operational needs and special events
- Maintain public safety records for ministry programming, training and certifications, all inventory and personnel records.
- Assist with the annual security and safety audits
- Assist with office administration and operational functions and completing special projects as directed by the Public Safety Manager
- Assist with the onboarding new hires/volunteers
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments maintaining strong relationships
- Assist in providing training to public safety team officers and staff/volunteers in other church ministries.
- Provide Public Safety presence in the building:
- Provide positive public relations and guest services to our staff, guests, and congregants
- Monitor and prevent unauthorized entry into restricted areas
- Assess and resolve situations that arise by taking the appropriate actions based on policies and training
- Monitor, enforce and report violations of church rules and applicable state laws
- Compose timely, concise, and accurate statements/reports
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Provide leadership, under the direction of the Public Safety Manager, during perceived and real threats to identify and adjust security and safety posture as needed
- Assist Public Safety Manager in contacting emergency service. Communicate and work with responding police, medical and fire personnel
- Operate church vehicles in accordance with the church and department policies
- Other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Education Requirements: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Medical Certifications: Preferred or able to obtain within first 90 days of employment First Aid/AED, EMR..etc.
- Preferred experience in security, radio, dispatch and access systems.
- Knowledge of use of force continuum/model, EDPs, local and state laws
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a current Minnesota Permit to Carry
- Understands and adheres to Grace Church and Public Safety department's rules of conduct, policies, and procedures
- Ability to remain calm and make appropriate decisions in high-stress situations.
- Ability to handle disgruntled or agitated people in potentially hostile and physical situations.
- Ability to utilize strong verbal, interpersonal skills when speaking to staff and guests, and demonstrate positive public relations skills
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Regularly requires hours outside of regular business hours and intermittent weekend work
- Maintain physical ability level that allows for carrying out all aspects of the position including (not limited to): lift/carry up to 25 pounds, climb several flights of stairs in a timely manner, standing, walking, sitting, crawling, squatting, crouching, kneeling, and bending
- Agree and align with Grace Church’s Statement of Faith
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.