POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Location: Eden Prairie
Hours/week: 40 hours/week
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide and perform competent maintenance for all exterior facilities maintenance. Has a history of commitment and displays an ability to work well in a team environment. Has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others, especially volunteers, church staff, and the congregation.
- Ensure that exterior facility systems are adjusted and fully functional (irrigation, lighting system, etc.)
- Receives direction from the Senior Grounds Coordinator
- Recruiting and training ministry partners to assist with lawn care, landscaping and snow removal and to be responsible for scheduling the ministry partners to accomplish these tasks
- Must be willing and able to generate a spirit of teamwork with co-workers, both paid and volunteers
- Care for Grace Church landscaping, including grass, shrub, and tree trimming on a regular basis. Maintaining flower beds/groomed beds and playing field development and care
- Provide snow removal for Grace Church’s parking lot and sidewalks and responsible for activating the ministry partners of the snowplow ministry
- Must be able to work in extreme weather environments, both hot and cold, as required
- Maintaining and managing equipment used for lawn care/maintenance and snow removal
- Ensure smooth and timely execution of preventative and non-preventative maintenance items, as well as contractor coordination. Be responsible for scheduling and maintaining a timely schedule
- Ensure that all Grace Church properties are safe and clean at all times
- Must be able and willing to adjust work schedule according to seasonal needs and be on-call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in the event of an emergency
- Be available to handle any and all emergencies
- Work with all facility maintenance and volunteer staff
- Assist in managing the maintenance of all Grace Church vehicles, including transporting them to and from the garage for servicing
- Must demonstrate the ability to operate all Grace Church vehicles/equipment safely
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and roadworthiness of all vehicles
- Assist in maintaining fuel levels, emergency supplies, vehicle checklists and other documentation for all vehicles
- Responsibly handle and willing to follow all other duties that will be mutually agreed upon with the Director of Facilities and Senior Grounds Coordinator
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Experience: Minimum 1-year experience or physical plant and or Ground maintenance.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, technical schooling in facilities.
- Experience in scheduling tasks in a fast-paced environment, is detail-oriented, works with little or no supervision, and works well under pressure
- Be willing to acquire and maintain the appropriate licensing to operate Grace Church vehicles.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, or kneel to perform assigned tasks and be able to lift and carry 80 pounds
- Must possess a clean driving record
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently and motivate volunteers
- Compatibility with the Grace Church Mission, Vision, Values and Priorities and a lifestyle appropriate to a person in Christian ministry
- The staff member agrees to abide by the staff handbook
- In agreement with Grace Church’s Statement of Faith
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.