Lead Preschool Teacher
POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Director of Grace Beginnings
Location: Eden Prairie
Hours/week: 40 hours/week
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Grace Beginnings Teacher will assist the Director in fostering the faith development of the children who attend Grace Beginnings child care, help children achieve curriculum goals by assisting with appropriate early childhood experiences and promoting healthy emotional, social, cognitive, physical, and spiritual growth of each child involved in the program.
- Provide educational experiences in the classroom which demonstrate an understanding of curriculum and faith development goals
- Provide educational experiences in the classroom which incorporate Spanish and Sports enrichment classes
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of a mixed-age group of students as children transition into the classroom mid-year.
- Establish and maintain effective communication strategies with the teacher, parents, and families by sharing and collaborating daily
- Follow the directives of the Director and Assistant Director to maintain high standards in the classroom and provide a quality learning experience for the children
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized classroom and assume the responsibility to complete the duties required to maintain an orderly facility
- Demonstrate respect for the needs of the individual child with concerns for the child’s faith, culture, interests, special needs, talents and individual style and pace of learning
- Contribute to the development of a positive relationship with parents and coworkers
- Treat each child and family with dignity and respect
- Approach behavioral issues that arise with children with Christian love, respect and patience
- Exhibit Christian values to generate goodwill among management, staff, clients, the general community and others pertinent to Grace Beginnings
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is an essential requirement of this position
- Other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Educational requirements: High School Diploma or GED required, CDA, Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education preferred
- Experience required: 24 post-secondary quarter credits (16-semester credits) in education or a related field plus 4,160 hours as an assistant teacher working in a child care facility
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice for teaching children from 33 months to 5 years of age
- Knowledge of the Bible and faith development of Infant and Toddler children
- Has a commitment to prayer, as evidenced in both corporate and personal prayer
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations
Send a professional resume and an employment application form to [email protected].
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.