Building Maintenance Associate
POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Building Maintenance Manager
Location: Eden Prairie
Hours/week: 40 hours
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Building Maintenance Associate is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and orderliness of the facilities, as well as inspecting and repairing broken machines and defective equipment to avoid delays in the operations.
- Maintain all classrooms, offices, corridors, worship spaces, common areas, and retail centers in regards to construction, painting, office furniture maintenance, worship center chair maintenance, etc.
- Replace damaged and worn-out carpet/new installations as necessary.
- Provide general and preventative maintenance for bathroom drains, kitchen drains and drinking fountains.
- Assist with building maintenance including campus lighting, wall repair, glass work, water spigots, and window cleaning.
- Provide snow removal and ice control assistance including snow plowing and salting.
- Receive email requests for maintenance, put into schedule, and address each need according to the schedule.
- Assist with special projects.
- Assist in ministry support for all departments.
- Perform and lead painting projects as required both interior and exterior on an as-needed basis.
- Be available for special events prior to and during, as required.
- Be on call for facility emergencies 24/7.
- Other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Educational requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent, technical schooling in facilities, such as carpentry, electrical, etc.
- Experience required: Minimum 1-year experience in facilities.
- Knowledge areas: Electrical, carpentry, painting, general facilities knowledge
- Demonstrate skills in relating to and working with people, especially volunteers, church staff, the congregation and others, within a team environment.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- Has a commitment to personal and active participation in the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28: 18-20)
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations
Send a professional resume and an employment application form to [email protected].
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.