Hospitality Aide - On Call
Position Structure and Details
Reports to: Café Manager
Location: Eden Prairie Campus
Hours/week: On Call, Weekends & Evenings
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Provide welcoming hospitality on behalf of Grace Church. Greet and interact with the customers in a timely and kind manner. The Hospitality Aide will be called on to fulfill any one of the following roles within the Hospitality Department.
- Brew coffee, espresso, lattes, teas, smoothies and a variety of other cold beverages using coffee equipment and other cafe equipment
- Serve food, beverage and gift items from the café menu and inventory
- Keep the café clean, wash and sanitize utensils and equipment used in food and beverage preparation
- Operate the register by accurately entering orders and accepting payment for transactions
- Assist in the setup, operation, and shut down for the day by following the checklists and instructions of the Café Supervisor or Café Manager
- Ensure that events are properly equipped and executed by transporting, and pulling necessary items, as well as setting up and breaking down, and returning equipment to designated storages in compliance with banquet standards and instructions
- Serve meals and beverages to banquet attendees
- Clean up after each banquet and ensure things are in order
- Provide a safe and clean work environment
- Clean, organize and restock product and equipment from all banquet events
- Understand safety responsibilities as well as environmental laws by following established procedures, policies, training and involvement activities
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand
- Run orders to dining room and café
- Collect and put away dishes as directed
- Complete lists of cleaning for the kitchen
- Assemble orders together and place on cart for delivery
- Tear down and clean dish area at close of shift
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Food preparation
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- 1+ year of experience in a café, restaurant, or other food service organization preferred, however, no experience is required. Training will be provided.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- Has a commitment to personal and active participation in the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28: 18-20)
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations
- Consistent attendance and participation in Grace Church and involvement in the life of the church
Send a resume and an administrative application form to email@example.com.
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.