POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: HR Manager
Location: Eden Prairie
Hours/week: 40 hours/week
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Receptionist shall be the first impression of Grace Church and will provide assistance in a professional and courteous manner to all those that enter the church:
- Serve as the first impression of Grace Church by answering the switchboard and greeting incoming guests, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Friday 8:30 am – 3:30 pm.
- Answer incoming calls for both Grace Church - Eden Prairie and Grace Church - Chaska and direct those calls to the appropriate person in a professional and courteous manner.
- Be proactive to the safety and security of all Grace staff and visitors by actively greeting and identifying those entering through door 4.
- Be vigilant and diligent to assist visitors with checking in at the desk and contacting staff members as needed
- Partner with the Public Safety Manager, as needed, to ensure the safety of our staff and guests.
- Maintain the Inter-Office Directory and send updates to Grace staff.
- Maintain an accurate list of upcoming events and have a general knowledge of ministry events attainable through CCB.
- Maintain the faxes, by directing them to the appropriate person.
- Distribute incoming mail and ensure outgoing mail is ready for pick-up.
- Maintain the voicemail messaging system for the church on holidays and closings. Forward any voicemails left to the appropriate party.
- Manage lost and found.
- Complete special projects as assigned by his/her supervisor or projects from other ministries under the approval of his/her supervisor.
- Other duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Educational requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of administrative experience required
- Exercise excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple needs at one time; must be organized and detail-oriented
- Possesses a heart for serving ministries and the ability to work well independently and with little supervision.
- Working technical knowledge of database entry, Microsoft Excel, Word & Office 365 applications
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- Has a commitment to personal and active participation in the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28: 18-20)
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations
- Consistent attendance and participation in Grace Church and involvement in the life of the church
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.