Men's Ministry Manager
POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Director of Men's Ministry
Location: Eden Prairie
Hours/week: 40 hours/week
FLSA Classification: Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Men’s Ministry Manager will assist with leading the Men’s Ministry at Grace Church by furthering men in their growth in Christ through discipleship. This includes building into men a heart for family, leadership, and outreach. They will be responsible for the following:
Provide thought leadership with the Director of Men’s Ministries in the following areas:
- Engage and connect those who are part of Grace Church but not involved.
- Disciple those involved in men’s ministry.
- Mobilize men to reach more pre-Christian men (outreach and missions).
- Collaborate and coordinate the Men’s Ministry strategy and execution plans with the other Grace Church ministries.
Support the day-to-day programming of Men’s Ministries:
- Participates in the monthly teaching rotation for Men’s bible studies and other men’s programs.
- Creates content for men’s ministry studies and new volunteer leadership training.
- Coordinate individual and group meeting arrangements: schedule rooms for classes, special meetings, and events, and other room needs as requested, utilizing CCB software.
- Manage written, telephone, and e-mail correspondence.
- Manages the budget, process check requisitions, make deposits, and use Shelby software to run financial reports.
- Manage projects and plan major events run through Men’s Ministries.
Provide general administrative support:
- Provide administrative assistance for the Adult Ministries department.
- Coordinate calendar meetings on behalf of Directors and other key volunteers.
- Conduct phone and email coverage: Screen and manage incoming calls and emails. Follow up in a timely manner, providing information regarding meetings, leaders, resources, etc.
- Manage social media channels for men's ministry.
- Prepare and distribute various reports, letters, literature, and teaching materials.
- Manage database information, including members and attendance, merging duplicate records, and updates.
- Manage the registration of small group participants, men's ministry event attendees, and volunteers.
- Serve as an active participant of the minister on-call program (MOC).
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Men's Ministries.
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Experience required: 2+ years of ministry management experience, may include volunteer experience.
- Education preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- License/Ordination: Ability to become licensed or ordained by Grace Church.
- Successful history of connecting with, teaching, and mentoring men.
- Demonstrate a personal passion to minister to people within the context of the local church.
- Knowledge of discipleship, theology, and project management.
- Strong ability to learn and work with various software packages and strong data management abilities.
- Takes initiative, solves problems with little oversight, and resolves conflict in a Christ-like manner.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- Has a commitment to personal and active participation in the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28: 18-20).
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
- Consistent attendance and participation in Grace Church and involvement in the life of the church.
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.