Marriage Ministries Associate
POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Director of Family Ministries
Location: Eden Prairie Campus
Hours/week: 30 hours a week
FLSA Classification: Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marriage Ministries Associate will work alongside our Marriage Ministries Director to provide enriching and challenging classes, conferences, and events for those married or pre-married. They need to have an eye for detail, enjoy working with people, and be a self-starter. The Marriage Ministries Associate will be responsible to the following:
- Prepare, coordinate and administrate marriage enrichment classes (re|engage), small group studies, and other programs as needed to build, equip, and enrich marriages, including some technical support and in-person hosting at events/classes.
- Prepare, coordinate, and administrate pre-marital classes and conferences (Merge), including some technical support and in-person hosting. (Coordinate with other departments (Care) if there is overlap)
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and execution of Couples’ Nights, events hosted by Marriage Ministries and other ministry events as needed, including in-person hosting.
- Provide administrative support for ministry partners that fall under Marriage Ministries as well as offer support and availability for their volunteers and attendees (currently the Parents of Prodigal’s Group & Single; Parenting Group).
- Provide support for the Marriage Ministries Director, leaders and volunteers, while managing the budget, timelines, deadlines, creating and coordinating trainings, etc.
- Coordinate with the Marriage Ministries Director to support, train, and develop leaders (specifically female leaders)
- Communicate and collaborate with other staff and departments as needed to ensure unity and alignment of ministry objectives
- Manage communication from Marriage Ministries across all platforms (social media, newsletter, website, etc., as well as manage branding, website, edit/publish bi-weekly podcast episodes and interface with Communications Team as related to Marriage Ministries.
- Serve as minister on call
- Other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Educational requirements: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experience required: 3+ year’s ministry experience (volunteer experience may be included)
- License/Ordination: Ability to become licensed or ordained by Grace Church
- Demonstrate a personal passion to minister to people within the context of the local church
- Working knowledge of database application used by Grace Church (training provided)
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with staff and volunteers
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- Has a commitment to personal and active participation in the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28: 18-20)
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations
- Consistent attendance and participation in Grace Church and involvement in the life of the church. Willing to become a member.
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.