Assistant Public Safety Manager
POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Public Safety Manager
Location: Eden Prairie
Hours/week: 32+ hours
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Public Safety Manager will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the overall security of Grace Church properties including the operational and physical security through the following duties:
- Manage department operations in the absence of the Manager
- Support the development and maintenance of operating policies and protocols
- Assists with the coordination, management and scheduling of security for daily operational needs and special events
- Maintain security service records for Sundays, holidays and special events, training and certification, equipment/uniform inventory, and volunteer years of service
- Assist Public Safety Manager with the annual security and safety audits
- Assist Public Safety Manager with office administration and operational functions including responding to voicemails and emails, maintain calendar, organizational charts, and scheduling appointments as directed by the Public Safety Manager
- Prepare training binders for and onboard new hires/volunteers
- Assist with design, program, and management of security systems
- Assist with engaging, recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers to meet the public safety needs for daily activities and special events.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments maintaining strong relationships
- Provides security and safety training to public safety team volunteers and select staff/volunteers in ministries outside of Public Safety.
- Provide Public Safety presence in the building during Sunday services, Holiday services, outside events, and Monday through Thursday evenings during programming
- Provide positive public relations and guest services when to our guests and congregants
- Monitor and prevent unauthorized entry into restricted areas
- Assess, respond, contain and resolve situations that arise by taking appropriate action steps based upon policies and training
- Monitor, enforce and correctly report violations of church rules and applicable state laws
- Write legible, timely, concise, and accurate statements or reports for incidents
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Testify in court proceedings as required
- Provide leadership, under the command of the Public Safety Manager, during perceived and real threats to correctly identify and adjust security and safety posture as needed
- Assist Public Safety Manager in the process of contacting 911 for emergency assistance and communicate and work with responding police, medical and fire personnel
- Operate church vehicles in accordance with the church and department policies
- Requires availability to work one to two full weekends (Friday and Saturday) monthly
- Other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, secondary schooling in Law Enforcement, Security or related field, medical certifications such as First Aid/AED, EMR, EMT
- Training: security, medical, radio, dispatch training and/or experience preferred, administrative operations
- Knowledge of security, loss prevention, medical response, conflict resolution, emergency planning, use of force continuum/model, EDPs, card access systems, camera surveillance systems, outlook
- Experience: 5 years of relevant experience
- License: State of Minnesota Permit to Carry
- Understands and adheres to Grace Church Public Safety department's rules of conduct including uniforms, and grooming standards outlined in the Public Safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to remain calm and make good decisions in high-stress situations and ability to handle disgruntled or agitated people in potentially hostile and physical situations.
- Ability to utilize strong verbal and interpersonal skills when speaking to staff and guests
- Ability to demonstrate positive public relations skills
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds as needed
- Maintain a physical ability level that allows for carrying out all aspects of the position including (not limited to): standing, walking, sitting, crawling, squatting, crouching, kneeling, and bending
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs in a timely manner when necessary
- Agreement of exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Agreement of exposure to intermittent noise above 85 decibels
- In agreement with Grace Church’s Statement of Faith
Send a professional resume and an employment application form to [email protected].
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.