POSITION STRUCTURE AND DETAILS
Reports to: Grounds Maintenance Manager
Location: Eden Prairie Campus
Hours/week: 28 hours a week
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that exterior facility systems are adjusted and fully functional (irrigation, lighting system, etc.)
- Recruiting and training ministry partners to assist with lawn care, landscaping and snow removal and to be responsible for scheduling the ministry partners to accomplish these tasks.
- Must be willing and able to generate a spirit of teamwork with co-workers, both paid and volunteers.
- Care for Grace Church landscaping including grass, shrub, and tree trimming on a regular basis. Maintaining flower beds/groomed beds and playing field development and care.
- Provide snow removal for Grace Church’s parking lot and sidewalks and responsible for activating the ministry partners of the snowplow ministry.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather environments, both hot and cold, as required.
- Maintaining and managing equipment used for lawn care/maintenance and snow removal.
- Ensure smooth and timely execution of preventative and non-preventative maintenance items, as well as contractor coordination. Be responsible for scheduling and maintaining a timely schedule.
- Ensure that all Grace Church properties are safe and clean at all times.
- Must be able and willing to adjust work schedule according to seasonal needs and be on-call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in the event of an emergency.
- Be available to handle any and all emergencies.
- Work with all facility maintenance and volunteer staff.
- Assist in managing the maintenance of all Grace Church vehicles including transporting them to and from the garage for servicing.
- Must demonstrate the ability to operate all Grace Church vehicles/equipment safely.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and roadworthiness of all vehicles.
- Assist in maintaining fuel levels, emergency supplies, vehicle checklists and other documentation for all vehicles.
- Responsibly handle and willing to follow all other duties that will be mutually agreed upon with the Director of Facilities / Public Safety Manager - Grounds Maintenance.
PROFESSIONAL AND SPIRITUAL EXPECTATIONS
- Experience: Minimum 1-year experience or physical plant and or Grounds maintenance.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, technical schooling in facilities.
- Experience in scheduling tasks in a fast-paced environment, is detail-oriented, works with little or no supervision, and works well under pressure
- Be willing to acquire and maintain the appropriate licensing to operate Grace Church vehicles.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, or kneel to perform assigned tasks and be able to lift and carry 80 pounds
- Must possess a clean driving record
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently and motivate volunteers
- Compatibility with the Grace Church Mission, Vision, Values and Priorities and a lifestyle appropriate to a person in Christian ministry
- The staff member agrees to abide by the staff handbook
- In agreement with Grace Church’s Statement of Faith
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations
Send a professional resume and an administrative application form to [email protected].
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.