Assistant Infant Teacher
Position Structure and Details
Reports to: Director of Grace Beginnings
Location: Eden Prairie Campus
Hours/week: 28 hours, Mon - Thurs
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
The Grace Beginnings Infant Assistant Teacher will assist the Director in fostering the faith development of the infants who attend Grace Beginnings child care, help children achieve curriculum goals by assisting with appropriate early childhood experiences and promoting the healthy emotional, social, cognitive, physical, and spiritual growth of each child involved in the program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide educational experiences in the classroom which demonstrate an understanding of curriculum and faith development goals
- Establish and maintain effective communication strategies with the teacher, parents, and families by sharing and collaborating daily
- Follow the directives of the Director and Lead Teacher to maintain high standards in the classroom and provide a quality learning experience for the children
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized classroom and assume the responsibility to complete the duties required to maintain and orderly facility
- Demonstrate respect for the needs of the individual child with concerns for the child’s faith, culture, interests, special needs, talents and individual style and pace of learning
- Contribute to the development of a positive relationship with parents and coworkers
- Treat each child and family with dignity and respect
- Approach behavioral issues that arise with children with Christian love, respect and patience
- Exhibit Christian values to generate goodwill among management, staff, clients, the general community and others pertinent to Grace Beginnings
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is an essential requirement of this position
- Other duties as assigned
Professional and Spiritual Expectations
- Education: CDA, Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education preferred; High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience required: 24 post-secondary quarter credits in education or a related field plus 4,160 hours (or two years as full time) assistant teacher working in a child care facility
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice for teaching children from 6 months to 16 months of age
- Knowledge of the Bible and faith development of Infant children
- Has a commitment to prayer, as evidenced in both corporate and personal prayer
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced by the manifestation of the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- Exhibits a lifestyle appropriate to a person in public Christian ministry by conducting life with the utmost integrity in all situations
Send a professional resume and an administrative application form to email@example.com.
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.