Funshine Preschool Teacher
Position Structure and Details
Reports to: Funshine Preschool Director
Hours/Week: 18 hours, M-TH 8:45am-12:45pm
Location: Eden Prairie Location
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Classroom: 3-Year-Old Teacher
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement educational experiences in the classroom which demonstrate an understanding of the philosophy and mission statement of Funshine Preschool.
- Gear instruction to meet the needs of the individual child with concerns for the child’s faith, culture, interests, special needs, talents and individual style and pace of learning.
- Offer conference time to parents to promote cooperation and understanding of their child’s development.
- Establish a positive relationship with parents and communicate regularly about classroom activities.
- Communicate with parents in a timely and confidential manner about issues and behaviors concerning their children.
- Treat each child and family with dignity and respect.
- Approach behavioral issues with Christian love, respect and patience as outlined in the Behavior Guidance Guidelines.
- Follow the policies and best practices procedures of Funshine Preschool as outlined in the staff training manual.
- Consistently support the general direction, initiatives and specific final decisions of the Director in all areas.
- Exhibit Christian values to generate goodwill among management, staff, clients, the general community and others pertinent to Funshine Preschool
- Supervise assistants and volunteers in the classroom.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized classroom and assume the responsibility to complete the duties required to maintain and orderly preschool facility.
- Actively participate in all in-service training experiences, meetings and programming events required by the Director.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
- Other duties as assigned
Professional and Spiritual Expectations
- Experience: 4,160 hours as an assistant teacher working in a licensed child care facility
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education preferred
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice for teaching children from 33 months to 5 years of age
- Knowledge of Minnesota Early Learning Standards
- Knowledge of the Bible and faith development of preschool children
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unemployed or Misemployed?
The Crossroads Career Network at Grace exists to help people find practical, effective job search strategies and spiritual help to successfully land their next position.