Adoption scholarships are used to support families within Grace Church that are adopting domestically or internationally. These scholarships directly support our strategic initiative to care for at-risk children. We are called as followers of Christ to “learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow’s cause” (Isaiah 1:17).
Applicants should meet the following criteria before applying for a scholarship:
- Member of Grace Church (completed the membership application which includes personal testimony and agreement with our statement of faith) who is adopting domestically or internationally.
- Active in attending and generosity at Grace Church for a minimum of one year.
- Completed home study.
- An application cannot be submitted post placement.
Below is an overview of the process involved with allocating adoption scholarships:
- Applicants, who meet the initial criteria as listed above, complete the application form along with referral forms.
- Applications are reviewed by the Adoption Fund team, with a commitment to provide a response within four weeks. During this time, a OneLess staff member will follow-up on questions related to the application or referral forms, have an interview with the couple, and lastly, confirm an agreed upon course of action.
- The average adoption costs $20,000-$30,000. Funds allocated from this account would grant up to 25% of the total adoption cost with a maximum allocation of $5,000 per adoption.*
- Resources to apply for adoption grants or loans, as well as information about the Federal Adoption Tax Credit, would be provided as well as Grace Church support group opportunities.
- Approved funds would be dispersed directly to the designated adoption agency or legal entity.
- If a family is no longer pursuing an adoption, whether it is their decision or a decision made by the agency or biological mom, then scholarship funds should be returned to Grace Church.
*If the overall adoption cost exceeds $30,000, families are eligible to request additional scholarship funds, up to another $2,500. Prior to requesting additional funds, families would need to: complete the original application process and receive their primary scholarship; actively pursue other grant and scholarship funds; and meet one-on-one with OneLess staff to discuss adoption status.